Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

What can happen in a month? There haven't been many large highlights. Sometimes it can be depressing in itself when you realise that your success over a certain period of time has been simply to get up and keep moving. Nothing that sounds exciting, just making sure the family are clean, fed and dressed. All mundane, but sometimes they seem insurmountable tasks. So there you have it - February was a success! After all, any month I don't sink so low as to want to kill myself - or even that I don't do exactly that, is a success! Pity there is no medal or award ceremony, I am sure that would do wonders for many of us!

After such a pathetic sounding opening paragraph, I am actually feeling really good today! I haven't wasted hours on the computer, and I have managed to do both some house work (ok, minimal, but better than nothing, right?!), and some research into some creative areas I hope to explore - of course I want to rush out and buy all the materials now, but I know I need to do a bit more planning and preparing. I haven't felt the desperation for a nap. All that with a sick baby following me around and wiping snot on every porous surface..... Yes, children can be disgusting. I can't complain actually; number 3 hasn't been sick much, and he is pretty good when he is. Certainly easier than I remember his brother or sister being!

And to top off my happy mood, I am off to do an altered art class and learn to use some new mediums. Ah, perfect therapy! I am SO looking forward to it. I can feel my passion for paint and fabric starting to make sense.... God is being, as usual, so good. Bless my therapist, she is truly an angel, and gently guides me along, nudging me back to His path and helping me see things, well, better!

What did I say about number 3...?? It must be time for his nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment