Tuesday, May 5, 2009

HEALING

I haven't written for some time, not that there are people hanging on my every word, but I have a very good reason!
On Sunday, 26th April, 2009, God healed me from depression. HALLELUJAH! 
After pressing in as best as I could, God was faithful and answered my prayer, He delivered me! It was during a healing evening at church. There are many details, but I seem to have told them to so many people that I am not going to do it right here right now, but I will eventually! It is too good not to share, the goodness of God!
I haven't blogged because I have been too busy, ENJOYING life - who could believe it?! I mean, now I know what joy really feels like. It is incredible. Praise God!
Now, I no longer question if God really, really loves me. I know! Now, I don't think God's promises are true only for other people. They are true for ME! I am beginning to see people in a better light. I feel really, truely, free. That is something only Jesus can give, and now I have so much to be thankful for. 

So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free.  John 8:36

I can  now see that I was the man (ok, woman) in James that I acutally feared that I was:

Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord, [For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides]. James 1:6-8

And now, I am not! I am the person that asks in faith, without hesitating and doubting. I KNOW God is faithful. I am CERTAIN that He answers prayers, my prayers! I am not afraid of God not being there. I am not afraid that depression might come back. I am not afraid of what people might think of me. And if I didn't know it was God that had indeed healed me, I would wonder how such an amazing change in me could have come about - I am a new person. His Word is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment