Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just keep swimming.....

It is difficult to see your friends status on Facebook reading like:
'Just been for a run - hour and a half this time!'
or
'All my clothes are too small now and I have nothing to wear!'
or
'The house looks immaculate, I've been so busy cleaning.'.......

Basically anything that I am struggling with - and occasionally just things that make you a bit jealous!

In my pursuit to be 'the incredible shrinking lady' I am determine to remain encouraged, not discouraged! Though I may not have stellar results just yet, at least my exercise time has increased by 200%. That's not bad really. (Then again, it didn't take much to increase...!) And I am averaging 1 1/2 hrs a week now, which is 1 1/2 hours longer than it used to be. And lets face it; I have to start somewhere!

There always seems to be so much to do! I am halfway through goodness knows how many UFOs, and seem to be planning more projects as the days go by, despite having to fit looking after a family etc into the 24 hours in a day. Though I am no longer in the grip of depression where I could hardly get out of bed I still want more energy! I taught a class yesterday at the shop, an altered shadow box. Teaching makes me tired as there is so much nervous energy being used up at this stage. I expect to have less nervousness eventually! But is went well and there was plenty of positive feedback so I am encouraged. On Saturday I am planning to go to an altered book club. I am so looking forward to it, as I feel that most of the time I am on my own, aimlessly. Also, the lady that runs it (who looks fabulous) apparently lost 51kg! THAT is the sort of person I need to be around!

This morning I have decided to treat myself to finishing off a cross-stitch. What a shame fast stitching doesn't count as aerobic exercise! The house work can wait one more day, but the kids are at kindy, school and asleep; I don't feel bad at all allowing myself this indulgence today. Now I just have to turn this darn computer off!

No comments:

Post a Comment