Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do not despise the day of small beginnings.


Everything has to start somewhere. I have to start somewhere. So here we go.
2009 is a new chance. I can change things I don't like, and improve the things I do. I am determined not to become discouraged, as things take time. Isaiah 28:10 is going to be a key verse for me this year - precept upon precept, precept upon precept, rule upon rule, rule upon rule; here a little, there a little. I just have to keep going. God hasn't given up on me, nor will he ever (Romans 8:38-39), so I am not going to give up either.
I have few goals at this stage. Having spent the last 6 years in a combination of pregnancies (3) motherhood, depression, fit and now unfit, I have some way to go. I have given up on myself so many times, despairing if I would ever be able to accomplish anything. But now I know that I will. I do, and I have. Considering anything I have done an achievement has ,until now, been contrary to my first nature, so it is something in itself that I am now even considering the prospect of calling myself an, dare I say it, achiever.
And now, my son has woken from his nap and I must desist naval gazing and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment